This position is responsible for the design, implementation, administration and compliance for a wide variety of benefit programs that are critical to support our overall Colleague Value Proposition, compete effectively with similar employers and meet the organization’s objectives of helping colleagues “live well”. The Benefits Manager will research typical practice, emerging trends, colleague expectations and recommend changes that balance these needs with the financial implications of the program(s). The incumbent is an effective communicator and project manager who can select and manage vendors, meet deadlines, ensure colleagues receive the highest quality service and communicate programs effectively. The incumbent will also ensure strict compliance with regulatory requirements
• Manages the development and implementation of a variety of colleague benefits programs including health and welfare, vacation, life, disability, profit-sharing and other retirement-related programs.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, primarily in benefits. Experience in finance or compensation is a plus. Industry designations preferred but not required (CEBS, PHR, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, management and customers.
- Strong knowledge of benefit and retirement plan administration.
- Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory issues governing employee benefits and employment.
- Strong decision making, problem resolution, vendor management and client facing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.