DeVry University is seeking Industry Professionals with a Master's degree to share their knowledge and experience as an Adjunct Faculty member to teach day, evening and/or Saturday practitioner-based programs in various instructional areas.
Faculty are responsible for facilitating student learning by delivering educational courses and programs in accordance with DeVry University requirements. Faculty develop course syllabi and lesson plans, and apply teaching techniques to best achieve course and programmatic objectives. All DeVry instructors will participate in a comprehensive faculty training program and ongoing faculty development activities to ensure the highest quality instruction.
1. Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
2. Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials. 3. Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
4. Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
5. Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
6. Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
7. Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
Completes other duties as assigned.
Doctorate degree in a business or technology field required
18 graduate hours in Project Management required
A master's degree is required for all faculty positions (with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching). Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills. Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment. Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.