The Center Dean contributes to overall financial performance of the group by facilitating effective operations of a Center within the Group. The Center Dean, who reports to the Campus Dean, has dotted line oversight for colleagues located at the Center and direct leadership of Operations support. The Center Dean contributes to driving business and student results through building and maintaining partnerships within the community. The role of the Center Dean is summarized into three key areas: Business development, Student Care and Campus operations. This leader is charged with being a role model for our University TEACH values and fosters a culture of CARE consistent with our University mission, vision, and purpose.
Campus Operations and Student Care:
Community Business Development and Workforce Solutions:
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge.
- Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal.
- Sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
- Can simplify complex processes.
Energy & Drive:
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility.
- Technical Learning
- Decision Quality
- Directing Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors required, master’s degree preferred.
- At least four years of relevant experience required.
- Multi-site or remote management required; experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in post-secondary education administration and colleague management.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.