Do you remember the professor who helped you believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful professional you are today? Today, you have the unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the "a-ha" moment of sudden inspiration, insight, and comprehension that will change a student's life forever.
DeVry University in North Brunswick seeks to welcome new Part Time Visiting Professors to our rapidly expanding degree programs to instruct Humanities courses in Ethics. We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior faculty who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education.
The typical course of instruction may include:
Ethical and Legal Issues in the Professions (ETHC232)
This course provides a framework for decision-making in professional practice. Ethical principles, social responsibility, legal and regulatory requirements, and professional codes of conduct are explored to help students develop a clear perspective and a sense of ownership for choices they make. General principles are applied using examples from professions in specific areas such as electronics and computer technology, network systems administration and health information technology.
Principles of Ethics (ETHC445)
This course provides knowledge of ethics students need to make moral decisions in both their professional and personal lives. Combining moral theories and applied ethics topics, coursework helps students explore traditional and contemporary ethics dilemmas, as well as reflect on and evaluate their moral beliefs. Balancing respect for diversity and claims of universality, the course puts ethics principles in the social and cultural context of the world today.
In this role, you will:
• Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching undergraduate students in a variety of degree programs with a blended-learning format (campus/online)
• Implement and embrace our philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
• Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
• Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
• Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
• Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation using a variety of platforms and technology
• Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you meet the following criteria:
• A Master's degree with 18+ earned graduate credit hours in directly relevant coursework is required
• Prior higher education teaching experience is preferred
• Solid subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills
• Excellent motivational and instructional skills to be effective in a non-traditional environment
• Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.