The Assistant Dean of Academic Excellence is responsible for promoting teaching, learning, assessment and program excellence at DeVry University. Primary duties include responsibility for managing faculty, implementing high-quality curriculum and instructional delivery systems, developing and implementing quality assurance programs and outcomes assessment, and for the overall management of the academic operations of DeVry University.
- Provides leadership to the faculty, which enables them to achieve the stated goals of the campus that are consistent with student success.
- Manages and trains faculty and staff.
- Assists Group Dean, Academic Excellence (GDAE) in oversight of academic operations.
- Responsible for oversight of Library and Academic Support Center.
-Implements applications and practitioner-oriented curriculum and instructional delivery systems.
-Assures that curricula are delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning.
-Develops and implements quality assurance programs.
-Provides and promotes a culture of service excellence to students and colleagues.
-Ensures adherence to the policies, procedures, and guidelines of the University.
- Ensures and leads active academic participation in self-evaluations, annual reports, team visits, re-accreditation reports, licensing reports and audits, as required.
- Ensures the academic department conforms to all faculty and academic policies.
- Assists GDAE in developing an accurate and timely annual budget and term forecast that complies with company policies to achieve the department's objectives stated in the operating plan.
-Works closely with National College Deans to support successful implementation of college/program objectives
- Participates in DeVry University and the organization meetings, projects and committees as needed.
- Responsible for supporting the overall management of academic operations
-Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution
-Demonstrated success (5-7 years) in an Academic Dean position or related higher education administrative experience.
- Higher education teaching experience, preferably in multiple modalities
- Supervisory and faculty management experience.
- Academic operations, including expense budget experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with business software and learning technologies.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong and effective customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.