The Director, Regulatory and Compliance reports directly to the General Counsel and Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, and manages a team of professionals responsible for providing licensing, accreditation, government affairs, regulatory and compliance support to DeVry University (DVU).
The Director, Regulatory and Compliance is primarily responsible for leading aspects of DVU’s compliance activities, including providing the full range of advice and counsel on all regulatory matters impacting DVU, leading the compliance team, setting policies and best practices, contributing to strategic business decisions, anticipating and navigating a complex regulatory environment and working across teams to anticipate and build long-term processes for scale. The Director is also responsible for ensuring that DVU and its employees are complying with:
Specific Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Maintain current knowledge of all applicable higher education laws and regulations impacting DVU and its subsidiaries, keeping abreast of recent changes
Draft communications related to regulatory matters, including letters, policy memos, reports, issue briefs, talking points, presentations, advocacy alerts, articles, and other content.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- J. D. from an accredited law school and membership in at least one US State Bar preferred.
- If an attorney, must be in good standing with the Illinois State bar or otherwise admitted to practice as in-house counsel in the state of Illinois
- 10+ year’s prior experience, including leading a regulatory and compliance organization of a higher education organization, or as an attorney practicing in a law firm or corporate in-house legal experience, with at least 5 years in house strongly preferred.
-Demonstrated ability to lead, collaborate with and motivate others at all levels
-Innate curiosity, desire and ability to learn quickly, grit and comfort serving as a trusted business partner
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess potential for risk and opportunity and develop and implement solutions focused on accomplishing DVU’s goals.
- Possesses strong work ethic and customer service orientation and ability to prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients and embrace ambiguity.
- Ability to create and build a new function
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Since our founding in 1931, DeVry University has focused on delivering a different kind of education – one based on experiential learning with real-world applications. When you join our team, you’re choosing an institution that serves students who are different, too: a diverse group of go-getters from all walks of life.
We know our colleagues are integral to the success of the institution. At DeVry, we’re guided by our culture of care, and we embrace values that teach us to care for students, self and colleagues. It’s one way we position our colleagues for success.
We are looking for engaged, caring colleagues to join our organization in serving our students. We take extra pride in our dedicated support teams, as well as our outstanding faculty members who have often worked for years in the fields that they teach. We believe all our colleagues deserve opportunities to reach their goals. Whether it’s career advancement, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefits and professional development offerings can help you meet your goals.
If you want to be a part of an institution focused on providing high-quality education, care and attention, we invite you to apply for a position today.